Firstly, we would like to send our best wishes to you, your teams and your families during these very challenging and uncertain times. No one in our lifetime has experienced this level of disruption to business and challenges to our health and wellbeing. Nordell will always prioritise the health and safety of our employees and customers and continue to follow the governments advise on COVID19.
At Nordell, business is continuing as normal, with no impact on our sales. Our customers continue to order products as normal with little disruption to existing supply chains. Undoubtably, some customers normal demand may be impacted as a result of COVID19 and the control on population movement kicks in.
Nordell has taken a number of control measures to ensure your supply is not impacted and our factory continues to operate as normal. Some of the measures we are taking to limit any exposure and spread of COVID 19:
- We are following Government advice and actioning any updates on a daily basis.
- Staff notices and communications in the building regarding handwashing and sanitisation
- Increased hand sanitisation stations in the building
- Following government guidelines and updating staff via our internal online HR system
- Any employee who shows symptoms to remain at home & immediately self-isolate
- No bodily contact such as handshakes
- Employees encouraged to maintain a sensible perimeter with other employees
- During work and breaks
- Our office and factory have good space and the majority of employees (factory and office) can easily maintain a safe working perimeter
- Ensuring the site remains well ventilated by opening windows and keeping doors open with exception of our fire doors
- All non-essential external meetings and supplier meetings have been cancelled
- No entry to our building for delivery drivers to our site
- Risk assessment carried out of employees to assess those who may be higher risk with underlying health conditions such as Asthma / Diabetes
- We are preparing for office-based employees to work from home if required
- Financially we are stable with no external impact
- Disaster recovery plan updated and reviewed on 9th March 2020.
- The leadership team meet daily to discuss and review any COVID19 updates and agree controls for Nordell and its employees.
Our China facility: Nordell Xiamen
has been back up and running for a number or weeks with a very high level
of control including temperature monitoring of all employees on entry and significant sanitisation measures. We received a full document showing the measures they are taking. We are happy to share this with you if you wish to see a copy as it certainly shows good, proactive practice.
Is there likely to be any impact on Nordell Raw Material supply chains?
We don’t expect any impact on our supply chain or the supply of products to you and we are doing everything we can to ensure that business continues as normal.
At some point there may be government controls brought into place that takes this out of our hands, but we are not expecting this to happen.
We have good stocks of key raw materials on site and a call off facility from our suppliers with stocks planned and in the supply chain for 6 months; of course there are lead times in place and unless otherwise requested these will remain as they are aligned to our demand. Andy Hodge has checked in with our raw material and component suppliers and they are not anticipating any shortfall, with their current supply chains intact. If there are any issues with any supplier, then we have options as we work with several suppliers for key products.
If you are forecasting any changes to your standard demand, I would request and advise that you provide us with an updated forecast of demand as soon as possible so that we can plan our production accordingly. The earlier the better.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the Nordell leadership team.
Best wishes and regards from all of us here at Nordell.
Paul Mason, Nordell Managing Director